If you do not meet 100% of the requirements, but are a strong candidate for this position, please still contact us.
We are currently looking for a mid-level or senior-level Technical Project Manager. This description includes both mid and senior level distinctions.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for leading teams through the full project management lifecycle. This includes analyzing and documenting detailed business and functional requirements, and providing oversight of technical specifications and user acceptance testing to ensure quality and timely delivery. The Technical Project Manager sets milestones for each project, coordinates efforts between engineering teams and client, and has technical discussions of scope and objectives with the team to accurately assess progress.
This position works with internal and external stakeholders to bring structure and efficiency to timely project delivery. The candidate should exhibit strong facilitation and client engagement skills, and have the experience to effectively work on multiple client projects with varying degrees of complexity.
Candidate Must Have...
- Legal right to work within the United States
- If remote, experience working as remote team member
- Maintain a reasonably consistent work schedule, mostly within regular business hours in Pacific timezone (if working remotely, this is especially important)
- Ability to accurately track and document hours daily
- Tools and processes
- Comfortable with conferencing systems including screen sharing (e.g. Zoom, GoToMeeting)
- Familiarity with and consistent use of instant messaging programs (e.g. Slack, Skype)
- Experience with ticket management software (e.g. Jira, Basecamp, Zoho)
- Proficiency with document tools (e.g. G Suite, Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum process
- Soft Skills
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Experience and desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to change
Requirements for All Levels of Project Managers
- General Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and articulate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to adapt existing and developing project plans and communicate changes effectively. Formal change management experience is a plus.
- Results driven and proactive.
- Knowledge of industry standard project management scheduling software.
- Deep knowledge of at least one on of the major project management styles (Agile or Waterfall).
- Background in software development, technical systems and related technologies strongly preferred.
- Ensure timely and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with the sales team and architects to estimate project budget.
- Lead planning and implementation of projects. Define project tasks, resource requirements, and manage resource allocation.
- Facilitate regular team meetings. Depending on project methodology, these may be traditional development meetings or structured as Scrum meetings.
- Guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages, and review the completed work effectively.
- Ensure that team follows correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements through intake, development, QA and rollout of a project.
- Handle contingency planning for any project issues and escalation of any unresolvable issues.
- Handle emergencies quickly and professionally without neglecting other clients.
- Maintain energy and focus throughout the duration of a project.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, within reason.
- Comfortable with the following tools and processes:
- Industry standard project management scheduling software (e.g. Microsoft Project, OmniPlan)
- Configuration and extension of ticket management systems (e.g. Jira, Zoho, Basecamp, Asana, Trello)
- Software Development Lifecycle process
- Git workflows and supporting tools
- Managed hosting platforms (e.g. Acquia, Pantheon, Platform.sh)
- Participating in software peer review process
- Nice to have:
- Open source contributions
- Experience speaking, training, or mentoring
Requirements for Technical Project Managers by Level
- An experienced Technical Project Manager may not have the exact amount of Drupal domain experience, but may have other domain knowledge applicable to our work. (e.g. agency, web, hosting).
- 5+ years of total work experience in the technical field
- 3+ years with program, project, or technical management
- 3+ years of relevant development experience (any web technologies)
- 1+ year of domain-specific experience (Drupal 7, Drupal 8)
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- Nice to have: Certifications or formal education from PMI approved vendors
- 10+ years of total work experience in the technical field.
- 5+ years with program, project, or technical management.
- 5+ years of relevant development experience (any web technologies).
- 3+ years of domain-specific experience (Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Twig).
- 2+ years of organization planning and development or people leadership.
- 1+ years of corporate business applications or corporate infrastructure.
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product owner or other Scrum Alliance Certifications.
- A certification from PMI (Project Management Institute) (e.g. CAPM, PMP, PgMP, PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required, Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong vertical knowledge in at least one of these areas: enterprise infrastructure, government, higher education, media and entertainment, or similar niche industries.
- Requires broad technical management knowledge, including mastery level knowledge within a specific discipline.
- Experience and responsibilities (in addition to experience and responsibilities of mid-level Technical Project Manager)
- Deep knowledge of both Agile & Waterfall management styles.
- Willingness to mentor other project managers and team members.
- Experience with dynamic scheduling best practices.
- Create, define, and refine processes and tools supporting project operations.
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques.
- Understands different programming languages and is able to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Experience in effectively leading teams and inspiring others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes when necessary.
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues.
- Ability to encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution.
- Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilized to the maximum.