Designing for Drupal: Tips & Tricks for a Clean, User-Friendly Website
Watch the session video here.
Session Slides are here.
Designing a website can be a very complicated process with a lot of stages depending on the size of the site you are building.
In this session, we will guide you through the basic steps needed for a clean, user-friendly website that is based in user research and design best practices for a modern Drupal site.
What we'll cover:
- Defining Audiences (based on real people you know directly or indirectly)
- User Surveys
- Using Data to Understand Users
- Developing Personas
- Identifying Motivations
- Designing Persona-based Information Architecture
- Developing User Workflows & Predicting User Interactions
- Interviewing Stakeholders & Testing Assumptions
- Optimizing for Drupal Functionalities
- Design Best Practices
- Basic Color Theory for Accessibility
- Current Trends vs. Universal Constants
- Design Hand-off
- Tips and Tools for a Smooth Transition to Development