What You'll Do
You’ll work on a mix of interesting support projects for worthy organizations, solve problems in code, and work in a team using agile methodologies. You will work with our support manager to take care of the day-to-day support tasks related to client websites, at times communicating directly with our clients. These tasks can be varied – from fixing a PHP error on a university department site, to training content editors on their new D8 site, to applying Drupal security updates. You’ll collaborate and pair with members of the extended team on larger problems, and by being exposed to a myriad of configurations, systems, and processes learn at an accelerated pace. This is an entry-level/intermediate position with much growth potential.
- Excellent communication skills. Not only do we like talking, you’ll also be (shock!) speaking with our wonderful clients.
- Web fundamentals. You must know how to bend the Internet to your will using our basic tech (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, git). Provide some work samples (projects, code, URLs) so we can admire your masterpieces.
- You don’t need to memorize the Forms API, but knowing the structure of Drupal code, being able to use these conventions to create code other Drupal developers can use, and having the contextual knowledge to jump into (reasonably) well-structured Drupal projects is essential.
- Familiarity with Drupal sitebuilding and its power. We need folks who know when to site build, and when to get deep into the code (again, please provide samples).
- Familiarity with patching and upgrading sites.
You Might Also Know About
- Drupal cloud hosting providers like Pantheon, Acquia, Platform.sh
- Site migrations
- Wordpress development
- Translating functional requirements into technical architecture
- Writing clear and concise documentation
- Showing teammates how to use your favorite technologies
- Performance testing and tuning