As a Support Technical Lead you are able to absorb and analyze a client’s existing project architecture, guide a roadmap of features and functional improvements, and lead the technical team throughout execution. It is your overall responsibility to ensure technical development is on track and on budget, while encouraging productivity, quality and happiness. You exemplify a strong customer focus, technical excellence, innovative thinking, and support for your team members.
- Provide accurate time accounting and reporting of own work.
- Owns the responsibility for the overall technical approach for potential and current support clients.
- Writes user stories and technical specifications that map to actionable support tasks.
- Provide level of effort estimates with constraints and assumptions as appropriate.
- Involve development team resources in the estimation process and foster a sense of project ownership.
- Assist in the overall process of making the company awesome by building, adhering to and enforcing repeatable patterns for success and happiness.
- Provide weekly, timely communication to senior management as to project status and resourcing needs.
- Set firm, fair, and reasonable expectations with your team.
- Look for ways to increase the team’s velocity/productivity.
- Resource people against projects and tasks based on their skills, interests, and areas for growth.
- Lead and inspire the team through public recognition, technical authority, and a collaborative focus.
- Review developer progress on a regular basis, reviewing commit logs, and providing constructive feedback to developers.
- Promptly escalate issues, with background information and recommended solutions.
- Pay high attention to detail in all work with quality, on-time delivery of agreed deliverables.
- Provides client documentation and cross-trains team members to avoid centralization of knowledge.
- Proven experience in providing technical solutions and consulting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong client services focus.
- Strong writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Deep Drupal experience.
- Experience managing and working with distributed project teams.
- Ability to manage an issue queue and stay ahead of the client.
- Ability to set priorities and communicate changes to both dev team and management team.
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced environment and multiple projects, working well under pressure.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations.
- Proven experience in proactively informing management of budget and timeline status and any associated risks.
- PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux server administration is key.
- Project Management and methodology exposure (waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Strong problem-solving skills; intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passion for the web, open source development, and working with a bunch of fun people while maintaining a great sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred (but not necessary)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.