You are an experienced User Experience (UX) and Interactive Web Designer, hired to construct the strategy and design approach for cutting-edge web experiences. You will work closely with Kanopi’s development teams to design / create beautiful front-end experiences and tackle complex problems in a fun and team oriented environment.
As a User Experience (UX) Designer
You will lead clients through the user experience process, including but not limited to: stakeholder interviews, user feedback collection, and analytics data review, among others. You will work with clients to formalize an articulation and go-forward strategy for their site experience and translate their higher vision strategy into deliverables like information architecture, sitemaps, template identification, content strategy, and responsive clickable/non-clickable wireframes. You will be challenged to craft websites using a user-centered and data-driven approach and can articulate the “why” behind your decisions. You can find the balance of what the client wants and what the user needs, and can make a case to gain client approval.
You will create stunning website layouts, user interfaces, and an exceptional user experience. You have a thorough understanding of the opportunities and limitations of the web medium, as well as information flow, readability, and interface usability principles to create design solutions that are not only visually beautiful but also translate into highly functional, legible, and easy-to-use web pages and user interfaces.
As a Web Visual Designer:
You will create the visual design directive – in a variety of deliverables – to produce polished and stunning websites to showcase a powerful and impactful user experience for our clients’. You have a thorough understanding of the opportunities and limitations of designing websites, as well as a strong understanding of visual hierarchy, legibility, and usability best practices to create design solutions that are not only visually beautiful but also drive our client’s success.
This position reports to the Director of Strategy.
- Leads clients and participates in UX work sessions
- Presents deliverables in a clear and articulate manner
- Creates polished project artifacts like IA, sitemaps, wireframes, mood boards, pattern libraries, design mockups, etc.
- Implements usability testing for user-centeric, data-driven design work
- Consults in all aspects of the software development life-cycle to ensure execution of client and UX/design vision
- Contributes to all UI / UX decisions
- Create and evolve designs from concept through to the development planning and production – layering onto the development team to see it through with quality
- Lead design (intake) workshops and design user testing activities in order to learn more about client and user needs to better inform design
- Work closely with UX Strategists to understand the unique challenges and opportunities for each project
- Be able to estimate effort and timing for creating deliverables like mood boards, pattern libraries, design mockups, etc. as needed and delivery upon those estimates (or discuss with your project manager as any red flags arise)
- Present and be able to clearly articulate the strategy behind a design
- Assists in the overall process of making Kanopi awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness.
- Most importantly, has fun working with an incredible team!
- Must have proven website design experience
- Must have agency experience
- Must have experience working remotely or with a with distributed project team
- Implements a mobile-first design methodology
- Demonstrates professionalism and is responsive to client needs
- Responds quickly and remains flexible in a rapidly-changing environment
- Prioritizes multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment, with good time management skills and raises concerns with Project Managers proactively about budget, timeline and anything surrounding ability for a successful project/deliverables
- Possesses proven intelligence and initiative
- Utilizes strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong sense of collaboration across-disciplines
- Takes initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks
- Commits to delivering high-quality and polished work with an eye on time and budget
- Anticipates client needs and potential issues and can speak intelligently about them with a solutions-oriented approach
- Creates deliverables like mood boards, layered design mockups and pattern libraries for responsive theme implementation; experience in atomic design development is a plus
- Creates layered design mockups for responsive theme implementation
- Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in related majors for UX and/or Visual/Graphic/Web Design or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years working with website UX and/or Visual Design
- Passion for the web and open source development
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.