Conversational UX with Drupal Commerce
New ways of interacting with machines are taking over the traditional ways of communications. In the form of chatbots/ virtual assistants, the future of communication with machines seem to lie with screen-less experience.
According to a survey by Gartner, by 2020 30% of web browsing sessions will be without screens.
With web embracing these changes, the turn for Drupal to adopt these doesn't seem to be far away. We started experimenting with Drupal commerce & Alexa around building a plugin for Drupal commerce to placing orders and would like to share our experience & learnings around the same.
The talk will be focussed on:
- Various Do’s and Don’ts while designing the conversational UI for web interfaces.
- Tips, tooling & pre-requisites around building such interfaces with Drupal
- Alexa Integration points & Todo's on Drupal end.
- What APIs are already available around interacting with Drupal commerce in a headless way?
- How to link user accounts between your Alexa user & Drupal user account?
- Demo around a conversational UX with Drupal Commerce 8.x allowing you to search, navigate & place orders using voice commands.
|Conversational UI & its integration with Drupal Commerce.pdf||1.93 MB|