Sandbox CI/CD Environments for Everyone
Watch the session video here.
If your project is hosted with one of the BIG-3 Drupal hosting providers, then your team is most likely already enjoying some sort of sandboxing solution provided by them. You commit code, a CI build runs, and a new sandbox (CD / multidev / on-the-fly) environment is magically provisioned for you. Life is good! Right?
Sandbox environments improve your development workflow with:
- Enhanced code reviews
- Continuous QA
- Automated VRT/BDD testing
Every development team should be able to use these features in a simple and coherent way regardless of where their projects are hosted. How?
In this session we will cover:
- Standardizing your team’s development environments and tooling across macOS, Windows and Linux with Docksal
- Embracing automation over documentation
- Launching a server to host sandboxes (in a few clicks)
- Using the same exact local config for CI environments (with CircleCI free tier)
- Bonus: Fitting lots of sandboxes on a single server, while keeping the infrastructure costs low
|Slides: Sandbox CI/CD Environments for Everyone||2.42 MB|